BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 15 March 2012

Time To Rant...

My car broke down the weekend before last and had to be towed to a garage to have a new clutch fitted.  It was annoying but I knew it would only be a couple of days before I would get it back.  £350 later Lea went and picked it up for me. I drove to work the next morning only to find myself broken down again right in front of a set of traffic lights with hundreds of commuters stuck behind me. So I was late for work and my car went back to the garage.  I'm no car expert but the problem was something to do with the work the garage had done when fitting the new clutch.  It was ready again a few days later, and I drove it to work and all seemed fine until I tried to go into town last weekend.  Same thing happened again.  So it went back to the same garage as I refuse to part with any more money as this was the garage the RAC had recommended.  They said on Monday they'd call the next day and it would be ready by then.  Tuesday came, not a word from the garage.  Wednesday morning I called them and what I got was 'Oh we're short staffed today so it's not ready yet, maybe we can have it done by tomorrow'.  All this time I'm having to get the train to work because I'm too young for a courtesy car. So now it's Thursday, I was late for work this morning as the train in front of the one I was on had a faulty door. If that garage doesn't drop my car off today right outside my house.....    

OK rant over. My boss is back today, after three full days of peace and quiet.  I have had to give up the bosses comfy chair and gone back to my own.  No prizes for guessing which is which:

Note the fallen off wheel...
There's still a couple of hours to go till I have to get my head down so I watched the last episode of 'Roger and Val Have Just Got In' on BBC iPlayer and at some points I couldn't contain my laughter.  It's a program about a married couple's first half hour back home from work and sounds like it should be fairly predictable but Dawn French manages to make just bog standard life funny. If you like dry British comedy watch it if you get the chance.

Alex x

No comments:

Post a Comment