BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Bruschetta

I Love Bruschetta.

I'm not a dessert person, I'm a starter person.  I've got the most savoury tooth around.  Bruschetta is my ABSOLUTE favourite starter. I've tried the bruschetta in many a restaurant, in the UK and abroad.  I've also made it myself.  But no bruschetta compares to the one served in Pizza Express.

Pizza Express Bruschetta

Somehow they've got the perfect balance of flavours and it tastes like heaven. Now most places put mozzarella on their bruschetta but not Pizza Express.  They keep it simple with just pesto, tomatoes, onions and olive oil.  I wish I could put my finger on what it was that made this recipe stand out from the others.  I wish I could recreate this recipe myself because just thinking about it make my mouth water.  And I'd be in major debt if every time I thought about it I went to Pizza Express..... although I may fall for my weakness tonight.

Has anyone else got an absolute favourite dish that stand out in one particular restaurant?

Alex x

4 comments:

  1. oh we're going to Pizza Express tonight are we? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maaaybe, I don't really fancy going by myself! x

      Delete
  2. I always want to get bruschetta but then I realise I don't like tomatoes. I just stick with good ol' garlic bread instead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got a couple of new bruschetta recipes that don't actually have tomatoes on. I think ones pepper based, and one is mushroom based. The garlic bread is delicious too though! xx

      Delete