BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 27 March 2012

20 Things I Love About Summer

1. BBQs
Meat tastes different when it’s been barbequed.  It has the taste of summer to it. My BBQ favourites are lime chicken, sausages and chicken and veg kebabs.


2. Sitting outside the pub
Spending all evening just watching the world go by with a bottle of wine or a few pints of Crabbies.

3. Summer playlist/ songs
I still listen to my summer playlist in winter to remind me of the summer, but my summer songs are constantly on in the car from the moment summer starts to show its face.

4. Shorts
I <3 wearing shorts.  They make me feel free.  I just searched through 4 years worth of photos and couldn't find a decent picture of me in shorts unfortunately!

5. Sun tans
It’s nice to get rid of that pasty whiteness of the winter and get a bit of colour on your skin!

6. Strawberries
Someone once said to me that they were allergic to strawberries. Then someone else said if they found out they were allergic to strawberries they’d throw themselves into a lake (in a bad way, not just for a swim).  I feel the same way.  Being allergic to strawberries would be disastrous.


7. Leaves on trees
The world looks bare in winter.  The first day the leaves start to come back out on the trees is one of the best days of the year.  The world becomes more colourful.


8. Day trips
My favourite day trip last year was a day in the Lake District with Lea where we ended up playing pitch and putt and then having a pub dinner.

9. Lighter nights
No one likes leaving work and it already being dark! Lighter nights make you feel like you have more time.

10. Haze
This is truly a summer phenomenon.  And that’s why I like it.

11. Less rain
I absolutely HATE the rain.  It just makes everything wet (might be an obvious point but it’s annoying!).

12. Salad
Salad doesn't feel right in the winter but I'd happily eat it all through summer. Tomato and mozzarella is my favourite summer salad. 


13. Smiles
There’s a happier vibe in the air in summer.  Everyone is more smiley and good natured all round :)

14. Holidays
Who doesn’t love holidays????

15. Smell of cut grass
It’s not a smell I absolutely LOVE, I mean I wouldn’t buy a candle that smelt of cut grass, but it is one of THE summer smells.

16. Sunshine and blue sky, with maybe the odd floating cloud
After the overcast winter days the blue sky is so clean and refreshing.  Not to mention that my favourite colour is blue. The odd floating cloud just adds a little more interest.


17. Picnics
The preparation and packing of the food, choosing wear to go and finding somewhere to sit- I love everything about picnics.

18. Driving with the windows down
I got to do this for the first time this year on my way home yesterday. Having the windows down is the next best thing to having a convertible: P

19. Bare feet on grass
The feel of grass on bare soles is welcome after the claustrophobia or shoes and socks.  Flip flops also float my boat.


 20. Sleeping on top of the covers
Again I like this because there's a feeling of freedom. 

What do you like about summer?  Have I missed anything super amazing off?

Alex x

1 comment:

  1. I remember that trip, we had thunder and lightening ice cream and bought gingerbread in Grasmere. I read wedding magazines on the drive up there and I held your hand all day <3 I love you x

    ReplyDelete