BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 19 March 2012

Shredded Cabbage and Bacon

Our dinner for tonight is going to be pork chops (soaked in apple juice for a couple of hours and then put in the over for 40mins in the apple juice), mashed potato and shredded cabbage and bacon.  I found the cabbage and bacon recipe online one day as I had a cabbage that needed using.  I find this recipe extremely moreish and most of the time when I do make it I end up having to make some more later on that night.  I thought I would share this recipe with you:

Ingredients- Serves 2-3

450g shredded cabbage
50g shredded bacon
50g shredded smoked pancetta
1 medium onion cut into large pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper

Directions

1.    Fry the bacon, onion and smoked pancetta together in olive oil on a medium to high temperature for 5    minutes

2.    Add the crushed garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes

3.    Stir in the shredded cabbage

4.    Keep stirring (so it cooks evenly) for 10 minutes

5.    Season with some salt and pepper

It’s worth a try I promise!

Alex x

No comments:

Post a Comment