BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 16 March 2012

My Mother

My mother is one of a kind.  When I say she’s one of a kind it’s hard to explain.  She is extremely opinionated and always right, so if you wanted to change her opinion on something it would be impossible, and yet she’s exceptionally clever.  She recently retired and had to give her work iPad back.  That night she called me and this is how the conversation went:

Mum: ‘I’ve been crying.  I’m in mourning’

Me: ‘What on earth are you talking about’

Mum: ‘My iPad- I had to give it back’

Me: ‘Well why don’t you just buy a new one then’

Mum: ‘It won’t be the same.  I feel like part of me has died.  I’m going to have to wear black for the foreseeable future’

Me: ‘But if you buy a new one it’ll be exactly the same because the back up of your old one will go onto it’

Mum: ‘It just won’t be the same.  I’ll know it’s not the same iPad.  Can we stop talking about it or I’ll cry again’

And the problem is she’s being deadly serious.  She will have actually cried over giving her iPad back….  So now she’s bought the new one and it got delivered today.  Seems she’s having technical issues with it as she’s rang me at work twice already today to ask me what to do.  Surely it can’t be that hard to follow the simple instructions Apple give you? My advice quite the panicking and wait until my brother got home because what good could I do from 80 miles away?  

When I lived at home I used to record some of the more ridiculous things she said.  I’m off to visit the parents this weekend as it’s my little bro’s birthday and Mother’s Day so I’m on a mission to try and record a few more ridiculous conversations for your entertainment. Wish me luck…..

Alex x

2 comments: