BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 31 March 2012

Commuting

Traffic.  How is it that you can be stuck in the largest traffic jam and then it all suddenly clears up and there are no cars on the road?  And then a bit further down the motorway the car in front of you brakes so fast you almost rear end it and there you are stuck in a jam again.  Can some one please explain to me how that actually happens?


I only have a 22 mile commute, most of which is on the motorway.  And its usually like that all the way home.  It's infuriating!

However driving, even with the recent hike in fuel prices, is still cheaper than getting the train- and I have to leave the house earlier to catch the train. I get that public transport is more eco-friendly but when it's cold and raining in the morning, you have to stand up all the way to work in a crowded carriage AND it's more expensive it's no wonder there are so many cars on the road creating traffic.  The government should be doing something to make public transport more affordable to commuters because it's going to take a lot for me to stop driving to work even with the traffic.

Do you have an annoying journey to work/university?

Alex x

2 comments:

  1. I do, 25 minutes every morning stood up nose to nose with complete strangers. And they increased my fare by a pound for the pleasure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive 15 miles to work - I love my job! if I din't I'd go crazy... it takes me almost an hour - mostly crummy 2 lane roads, over the river and thru the woods... at several intersections I sit 3, 4... 5 lights it is AWESOME!!! really... ha! public transportation is not really option... I would have to spend over 2.5 hours (one train change) but it would be less costly and the trains are rather cushy... hmmm, if they had Internet I might consider it!

    ReplyDelete